Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

I will do a post about our eventful Thanksgiving when I have more time to download and edit pictures, but I just wanted to drop a note of gratitude on the blog.

I seriously can't get over how blessed I am.

First, there's Paul: A hardworking man who provides for his family and doesn't complain about it. I cannot understand how he does it all. Full time school, full time work, a demanding church calling... And yet he still finds time to spend with us. He is so patient and kind to me. I feel like I've been in and out of crazy since Abby got here and no matter what, he's always there cheering me on and willing me to do better.
He is so awesome with Abby. If you have seen the way they look at each other you know what I mean. She a.d.o.r.e.s. him so much. Every time we hear his key in the front door when he gets home from school at night I say "Who's at the door?" and she turns her head so she can see around the corner. When she finally sees him she lights up brighter than anything I've ever seen. He's got the magic touch with her.
Second there's Abby: She is learning so fast and trying so many fun new things it's hard to keep up with her. I frequently used to say " Oh no, she's not ready for that" because I just can't believe that she could possibly grow so fast. But alas, she can do so much more I ever would expect her to. Abby's toothie grin is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Even if she's in trouble, she flashes that smile and it's hard to remember what I was upset at her about.
This past week Abby has been sick and she's been so snuggly. She didn't ever used to be snuggly, but recently she's gotten to where she will fall asleep on my shoulder again, or even just crawl to me for cuddles. I love it.
Third theres my family: I really wish I would have appreciated them as much as I do, my whole life. I wish it didn't take moving out and starting my own family to know how great it was growing up with such awesome people. They always have my back no matter what. Each one of them are so talented and they use their talents to make me a better person. I love that we can be so immature and inappropriate most of the time but still have time to show each other that we care and love each other.
Fourth there's my In-Laws: I love them dearly. They support me just as much as my own family. I am seriously blessed with some awesome in-laws. My SIL's are great and we have so much fun together. My BIL's are all super fun and keep me laughing constantly. My MIL and FIL love me as if I was one of their own. I feel so loved when I'm around them. I really am blessed to have married into such a great family!
Last, but most importantly, the Gospel: I don't want to know where I'd be without it. I love my Heavenly Father so much for all that he has blessed me with. I know that he sent me here to grow and find myself while I strengthen my testimony of this Gospel. I know, without a doubt, that I will live with Him and my family for eternity. For this knowledge I am eternally Thankful.

2 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

You are a wonderful part of our growing family. We appreciate your love inspite of our imperfections. We all love you, your testimony, and your devotion to Paul & Abby.

Steve and Jamie said...

Your blog is really fun to read too.