Monday, April 18, 2011

3 Years Later... And Still No (recent) Picture.


I decided I should probably blog about our anniversary before I forget everything that we did. :)

Paul and I hit 3 years on March 22. Since it was a Tuesday, we decided to celebrate the weekend before...
So, Saturday we had my fabulous little sister come watch Abby for the evening so we could go to dinner and a movie. We went out to Cheesecake Factory in the mall. It was wonderful as ever! We both left stuffed and tired, but it was still pretty early so I called Beth to see how things were going. Since they were going well, we decided to head to see The Adjustment Bureau. We hadn't been to a movie in ages. Really. They are just so dang expensive, so we were a little tentative to go spend the money in hopes to see a fabulous movie. (isn't always annoying when you spend the money and the movie just sucks?) (maybe that's just my crabbiness in my old age.) The movie was great, with exception of the corny ending.
We didn't do anything extravagant or wild and crazy, but we had so. much. fun. It was SO nice to have a grown up conversation and to just spend time with each other. It'd been a long time since we were able to enjoy each other's company like we did that day. It was like we were 18 and dating again. You know those dates when you just don't ever want to go home? You can be doing completely nothing, but it's the best nothing in the world.
I love this man of mine. It's so wonderful to be married to my very best friend. Laughter is key to our relationship and let me just say, there is always plenty of that. Paul is such a fantastic father to Abby. So patient, kind, loving and caring. I'm so blessed to have an eternity with him.

No comments: