Monday, June 1, 2009

Puzzles...

Picture Puzzle Piece by
Shel Silverstein
One picture puzzle piece
Lyin' on the sidewalk,
One picture puzzle piece
Soakin' in the rain.
It might be a button of blue
On the coat of the woman
Who lived in a shoe.
It might be a magical bean,
Or a fold in the red
Velvet robe of a queen.
It might be the one little bite
Of the apple her stepmother
Gave to Snow White.
It might be the veil of a bride
Or a bottle with some evil genie inside.
It might be a small tuft of hair
On the big bouncy belly
Of Bobo the Bear.
It might be a bit of the cloak
Of the Witch of the West
As she melted to smoke.
It might be a shadowy trace
Of a tear that runs down an angel's face.
Nothing has more possibilities
Than one old wet picture puzzle piece.
I find that sometimes when I do a puzzle, there is always that one piece that I'm looking for. Then it turns out the piece that was flipped over so I could not see the correct picture on the other side was the one I was looking for. All I could see was the plain old brown side that doesn't help at all in constructing the puzzle. Sometimes I find that piece after just a little while of looking, but other times it turns out to be one of the last pieces of the puzzle. Sometimes I feel like the puzzle piece that fits perfectly. But a lot of times, I feel like I'm the puzzle piece that is flipped over so that all you can see is the ugly brown side. One day it will be my turn to be flipped and placed in the puzzle. I just have to be patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

depends on who is looking at the puzzle too. some of us can see the beauty of the "brown side" even when the brown side is what others see. some can see what the brown side might look like when it's turned over. and some of us already see the "turned over" side....even if no one else does.
love you tons,
mom