Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jordan and Coen

It's been a little while since I've updated... Mostly because all I think about is baby stuff and I don't want to bore everyone with the same old stuff over and over. I did go to the doctor today and everything sounded good with the baby. My doctor said I need to start taking iron pills because I'm borderline anemic. In 4 weeks I'll start one week appointments. I can't believe I only have 7 weeks left. It's really insane.

My sweet (not so little) nephew had his birthday party last Saturday. We actually have the same birthday which is super fun. He's turning 5 on Thursday and I'm turning 22. Weird. Here are a few pictures I got during his party.
My mom, Coen's Nanna, made this volcano cake. It's exactly what he asked for and more. My mom put a vase in the middle of the cake so she could put in some dry ice and water. He absolutely loved it!
He had a hard time leaving the cake a lone and wanted it to keep smoking the whole time.

I love this "cheese" picture :)



Now for my brother-in-law, Mr. Jordan... He left on Monday, December 28th to go into basic training for the army. He actually just started basic training yesterday because of the holidays. He had a little get together on the 27th to say goodbye to everyone and to get a hair cut. I decided to start and end with some very attractive pictures of him :D

He had some long shaggy dog hair...

Then Ryan started cutting...

Beth helped out, too... Jordan was a good sport and let anyone who wanted to cut some of his luscious locks off.
Then Jamie took over and made it all even and presentable.

We are super proud of Jordan and his decision to join the army. We hope he will be kept out of harms way and learn a lot of great life lessons as well. He will graduate from basic training in June/July and hopefully we'll be able to make it up to his graduation! Good luck, Jordan!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Love it! its so fun that yall have the same birthday!