Monday, March 14, 2011

Today.

This morning I woke up to Abby crying. After a long week last week of that being all I hear all day, I just played dead in bed. Paul was still home but trying to get ready for work, so he grabbed Abby and put her in bed with me. She started rustling around and trying to talk to me and I really just wanted to sleep.
Last week we found out Abby has and ear infection in each ear. We didn't find that out until the end of the week, though, after 3 days of 102+ fevers. The whole week was super hard on me. Constant, not with any exaggeration, crying and whining and needing from Abby. (not that I'm throwing my own pity party here, but just so you know why I felt the way I did this morning) I was really not looking forward to today.
So I get out of bed... Make Abby some breakfast (ahem.. cereal)... and then my day began. Abby was so happy and cheerful. She talked and played literally all day. She had two naps- total 1 hour of napping, but yet still so cheerful. I was constantly in awe by her today. She just baby talks non stop and it's the cutest thing ever.

I was able to get 3 loads of much needed laundry done, load and unload the dishwasher twice, and clean up the front room (although you wouldn't have known that I did because my little tornado was not far behind me).

I am so thankful for today. I needed today. My spirits as a mother were so beat down after last week and today was the biggest breath of fresh air I've had in a long time. So, I just had to write about my day today, so that later on in this week I can read and remember what a good day feels like... ;)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

you're such a good mom, miss marlee! seriously. abby is such a rock star. in part b/c she just IS, and in part b/c of you. way to go!!!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you had a much needed good day today! I whole heartedly agree with Danielle, you are an amazing Mama and she is an amazing girl because of you!