Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just a small note..

Today I took Jared back to the doctor to get his eye checked. A couple weeks ago, we had his tear duct probed because of a blockage that had been there pretty much since he was born.
A lady walked in with her (totally awesome) sit-n-stand stroller with a baby inside, a toddler walking beside her and a dreadful monitor in tote. A stinkin Apnea monitor. When Abby was a baby, she had one of those for 3 months. I struck up a conversation with her and found out a few things:
Her son with the apnea monitor was not a baby in that car seat, he was 2, and he was born with a very rare disease. I cannot remember the name of it, but he doesn't have all 10 fingers and toes, he was born with his skull already fused in placed it was not supposed to be, so his soft spot started right above his nose and went all the way back, he was born with every one of his organs were a mirror image of what they were supposed to be so he had an immediate surgery to flip all of them. All of them!  At the time I was talking to her, I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her how awesome she is. So positive. I was just shocked. Then we were called back to the doctor and honestly didn't take much more time to think about what happened until I put Jared to bed tonight.
I was nursing him and thinking about this other baby and how spectacular that mother is. I'm SURE she has her hard, frustrating days. Especially after we shared stories of the monitor going off and freaking us out. She's got some tough things on her plate.
During this period of my life ((Motherhood)) I go through ups and downs all the time. And it never, ever fails that when I need it most, I'm reminded of how blessed I am. Yes, my kids are a pain in the butt sometimes. Yeah, I'd really love to run away for a weekend by myself sometimes. But dang I am so blessed. My kids are completely healthy. They have no ailments holding them back from anything. Abby is so smart and funny. She makes us laugh so hard at some of the things she says and does. Jared is so cute and growing so fast. He's learning to walk and talk. They both are pretty evenly tempered kids and pretty easy going most of the time.
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging, because that's not what I'm doing at all. I've just been hit square in the face with what matters in my life. My kids, my husband, my family. There is nothing more important than raising my kids. It's the best calling in the world and I have it so much easier than a lot of people. I wish it was easier to remember how blessed I am when I'm in the dumps of parenting. That's the biggest reason I like to record these moments on here.
I love these babies of mine. I'm so blessed to have them!

No comments: