Friday, June 20, 2014

Blessing Day

Isabelle was blessed on May 4, 2014 by Her Daddy :)
Lets be honest.. the day itself was insane. Trying to get up and out the door by 8:30 am so you can be to church before it starts and get a decent seat with 2 kids and a newborn? It was crazy. It was one of those days where I wish I could go back and do it over. but you live and learn, huh?
Anyway. 
We got to church in time and got everyone settled. It was so nice to have so much family there. In our church, we don't baptize babies. Why? Because we feel like baptism should be saved for when a child/adult is old enough to make the decision themselves (the earliest time being 8 years of age). Once you are baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you are then accountable for you actions. Of course there is always the Atonement.  
So our babies are blessed. 
In that blessing Paul was able to listen to the spirit and bless Izzy with some beautiful things. It was so wonderful! There is a lady in our ward who has decided to write down the blessings, frame them and give them to the parents as a gift. It's really just wonderful. When I was a baby, I was in this same ward and she did that when I was blessed! Back then she just wrote it on a program and handed it to you though ;) I love to look at it!
 Like I said, the day was crazy.. and the craziness didn't end until late that evening. Then I realized I didn't even get a picture of Izzy in her blessing dress... So the next day I dressed her in it again and got to see her personality shine through. I also got to reflect and think about how blessed I am to have 3 beautiful, healthy babies. I love them so very much. Izzy has been such a blessing in our lives. I'm so grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the knowledge that I have. As long as we are faithful to our covenants we have made with our Heavenly Father, we will be together forever. I LOVE that. It's why I live the way I do and try to be the best I can be. I'm also so thankful for the Atonement to make up for my shortcomings, because I have plenty. 
I'm also so thankful for Paul. He works so hard to be the best father to our kiddos and he does a fantastic job at it. 
Izzy Claire, we love you!

2 comments:

Karen said...

She's so beautiful, Marlee! xoxo

Danielle said...

i'm so sad we couldn't be there. :( miss izzy looks lovely.